Your privacy is very important to MoneySmartGuides. The following is in-depth detail to help you understand how MoneySmartGuides will collect, use, communicate, disclose and make use of personal information. I will not rent, sell, lease, or give away any of your personal information.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, I will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- I will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by me and for other compatible purposes, unless I obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- I will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- I will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- I will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- I will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Email Addresses: I collect no names and email addresses of site users.
- Email: Email sent to the site is considered property of this site but I will attempt to receive your consent if I decide to publish it.
- Comments: Comments left on the site are the responsibility of the commenter. I reserve the right to remove comments or edit them due to errors, inappropriate comments, or blatant self-promotion. I won’t censor comments. As for email addresses included in the comments, these are left at the discretion of the commenter.
- Web Server Traffic: I record information about how people access the web site and this includes your IP address (or DNS), your browser, and your operating system.
- External Links: The web site contains many links to other sites and due to the constantly changing nature of the Internet, I make no promises as to the reliability of those sites or their privacy policies.
As with most other websites, I collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
I also use third party advertisements to support this site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on the site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit the site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing California real estate ads to someone in California, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with this site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy and this site, please contact me.
All information provided at MoneySmartGuides.com is for informational purposes only. Rates & offers from advertisers shown on this website change frequently, sometimes without notice. Visit referenced sites for current information. Per FTC guidelines, this website may be compensated by companies mentioned through advertising, affiliate programs or otherwise.
Explanation of Advertisements
I will have affiliate ads on the site. I am under the assumption that everyone realizes that with an affiliate ad, there is some sort of compensation involved for having the link and if someone purchases the product through the link.
If a company approaches me to use one of their products or services, I will inform you the reader of this. If I do not mention this, then I am discussing the product/service because I tried it on my own.